Photobucket
Sunday, September 9, 2007
A Bright Future
Today as I ponder the fate of two rabbits in a terrible pet store, I may bring them home, I watch two very young girls walk up. Please note I am in moral majority, conservative white suburbia....I watch these girls run up to the rodent cages and exclaim with glee.."Oh my gawd!! Look at the beautiful baby rats!!" Beautiful..perhaps there is hope for my crusade yet. They are all beautiful, and I have come to the conclusion that I would risk my life to save my babies if a fire or something happened. They are as important to me as air. I don't know if thats normal or not, who knows, I really don't care. We move tomorrow, my new rodent apartment awaits with endless possibilities and more room for rescue. My life is truly...Beautiful.

My sweet baby girl "Baby" eating her new cat food high protein diet. I think she approves. (Of course this whole post wasn't gonna be sappy, everyone needs a good dose of hog:))

Labels:

5 Comments:
Blogger Zinger said...
i rescued my Queensland dog Lakota from a horrible pet store in Tucson, AZ that has had their license revoked several times by the health dept. I didn't think twice, didn't have room for her but figured I'd find her a home! But my love for Queenslands and her amazing personality made the room! Baby is a cutie.
archi's mum

Blogger Karen Jo said...
The best of luck to you on your move. Moving is a pain and I hope you don't have any problems. I am really happy that the two girls found the baby rats beautiful. Baby is a realy cutie.

Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...
what a cutie, I have never seen a little hedgehog eating before. ~Jane of the Fluffy Tribe

Blogger Razzle said...
everyone needs a good dose of hog, indeed! Good luck on your move. Pet stores (some of them...sadly most of them) make me so sad. I want to walk out with every animal in there!

Hope the move went well!!

Blogger Rattie said...
Baby is such a sweetie...even her little eating noises are cute!

It's nice that someone found baby rats cute - there is hope.