Photobucket
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Please Pray for Waffles and Dandy
Always doing what her sister does, Dandelion has a mammary tumor. Luckily she does not have the lymph node tumor Waffles had. I will be calling the vet tomorrow to set her up with an operation date. It just hurts, everything I did, all the anti cancer food and vitamins, pro-biotic and flax seed, chromium picolinate, EVERYTHING! and it still came. My little girls...This has been one of the hardest journeys I have gone through. My girls though have done everything together, they are sisters. It only seems fitting that they go through this together as well. No matter what, I will fight as hard as I can to keep them around and happy. No matter the cost, no matter the stress, I promise you my girls, if there is a way, I will find it. Please stay with mom a little bit longer. I love you so much.
Photobucket
UPDATE
The deed is done. Dandy has come through surgery with a little bruising, but looks to be on a speedy recovery. I am having a biopsy done on her tumor as well, to see what to expect in the future. Waffles had her stitches out and is almost back to normal. Dandy will rejoin her sister in a few days after much deserved loving and rubs. Thank you to all for your thoughts, I know they have helped.

Labels:

8 Comments:
Blogger Karen Jo said...
I am so sorry to hear that Dandelion has a tumor, too. It really stinks that you do everything you can to protect them and that nasty cancer still comes. I will pray for Dandelion and Waffles. I really hope that Dandelion's surgery goes as well as Waffles' did.

Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...
We are sorry to hear about Dandelion and Waffles. It seems so many of the little girl ratties have this problem. I have struggled with it with many of my girls. I hope they do well. ~Jane and the FLuffy Tribe

Blogger Razzle said...
oh your poor little sweeties! I hope everything goes well with Dandelion's surgery and she and Waffles can recover and get stronger together. I know you would do anything for your babies - they are so lucky to have you! xoxo Hang in there, Stef!

Blogger Lynn said...
Oh, this is not good news. I hope that Dandelion gets through surgery and recovery quickly and that they both are back to their sweet rattie ways. Keep us updated.

Anonymous abita said...
Oh, poor little girls, and poor you. Best wishes for speedy recoveries!

Blogger Razzle said...
Thanks for the good news update... I hope to hear more good news with the clear biopsy results! *fingers and quills crossed*!!!!!!

Blogger Holly Hog said...
Steffy, you and your girls are in our thoughts. Big Hugs!!!

Blogger Rattie said...
Poor ladies, including you! I wish your two girls a speedy recovery!

Females seem to have this unfortunate problem. My vet recommends having my girls spayed to reduce the chances.

hugs and kisses for your girls