Photobucket
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Please Pray for Waffles
My girl, my waf-waf...I found our first tumor on her, near her back leg. She is going to the doctor tomorrow. We will do all that is necessary to treat it. My beautiful, my love, mommy is not ready hun. I will post an update after the first visit.
UPDATE.....
Waffles has two tumors. She is going into surgery tomorrow. The doctor said we could buy another 6 months of good health, 6 months is worth it all.
Waffles came through surgery well. Both tumors were removed and will be sent for analysis. She is very weak and I will be getting up periodically the next two nights to syringe feed her baby food and high protein. Her little stitches and shaved fur look so painful, she is so brave. We got a wonderful rattie like Valium pain killer to give her as needed and she is sleeping peacefully now.
UPDATE 4/19
Waffles has been a good girl in her recovery tank, but she has grown bored and has started to pull at her stitches. I'm glad to see her spirit back. She moves her mouth in a big chewing motion (that I call "gobbling" like a turkey) when she is happy. She gobbled for the first time tonight since the surgery. My happy gobbling rat, I love you so much, You will get to go back to your Dandelion soon.
Photobucket

Labels:

6 Comments:
Blogger Karen Jo said...
Oh, poor Waffles. I will pray that the tumor can be safely removed and that the vet can get all of it, so Waffles can continue her happy life with you.

Blogger Karen Jo said...
I am so glad that the tumors can be removed and you can have another healthy six months with Waffles.

Blogger Karen Jo said...
I am really glad that Waffles came through her surgery so well. I hope that she heals up really quickly and gets back to all her ratty fun. I have given you an award.

Blogger Rattie said...
How is poor Waffles today? We are all sending good thoughts her way...

Blogger Karen Jo said...
I am glad that Waffles is gobbling again. I hope she doesn't do her stitches any harm. It's good to know that she is feeling good enough to get bored.

Blogger Lynn said...
Oh wow! I am so glad Waffles is doing better. I'm sorry I missed her surgery, so I am sending healing thoughts today instead. I hope the tumors come back benign. Extra scritches to your little Waf Waf.