Photobucket
Monday, June 30, 2008
I made Ratatouille
Photobucket

Photobucket

I would have taken a picture of the finished meal but we ate it to quickly, i highly recommend this dish for fun/vegetarians/ rat lovers everywhere.


* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
* 1 large onion, quartered and thinly sliced
* 1 small eggplant, cubed
* 2 green bell peppers, coarsely chopped
* 4 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped, or 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes
* 3 to 4 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
* 1 teaspoon dried leaf basil
* 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
* 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

Preparation:
In a 4-quart Dutch oven or saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onions and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 6 to 7 minutes. Add eggplant; stir until coated with oil. Add peppers; stir to combine. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep vegetables from sticking.

Add tomatoes, zucchini, and herbs; mix well. Cover and cook over low heat about 15 minutes, or until eggplant is tender but not too soft.
Serves about 4, I also served mine over rice.

Labels:

5 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Oh, that sounds good. We (humans and rats)love ratatouille!

Blogger Lynn said...
I've never tried it, but it looks tasty. I'll have to whip it up some time. Thanks for the recipe.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
that's so cool - thanks for the recipe! my friend took me to that movie last year for my birthday at the el capitan in hollywood. what a fun movie it was!

Blogger Razzle said...
I am definitely going to try this recipe. I LOVED that movie (saw it 3 times). Did Solomon help you cook it?

Blogger Steffy said...
No, but he did help me eat it :)