Photobucket
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Meet the New Rattie Girls!!
Miss Molly has made great progress since she has come home to me. I felt it was the right time to introduce her to a family. I was at Petsmart getting Carefresh and a new mouse wheel when a worker struck up a conversation with me. We spoke of mice and rats and got on the subject of Miss Molly. I told her of Miss Mollys troubles and triumphs and explained my desire and fear of bringing Molly a companion. I needed a baby girl rat, calm and sweet. The woman got a smle on her face and took me back to the back of the store. In a little cage I saw two tiny rats, the size of mice almost. The worker explained "they just arrived."

I have never held a rat before. Molly does not approve of holding so I have been content to feed and care for her from a distance most of the time. These two little babies crawled into my hands, up my arms and onto my shoulders. They picked me. I brought them home. Molly has taken to them instantly, even becomming defensive and nipping me as I picked one up. I was so proud of Molly for being such a good big sister.

The little girls has very different personalities. Waffles is the black and white one and is an adventurer. Dandelion is the peachy one and is shy, but not quiet. They are both loud talkers. Peeping and squeaking and sniffing and chirping all through the night.

Waffles and Dandelion
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Dandelion
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Waffles
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Waffles and Dandelion
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Dandelion
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Waffles incredibly tangled in moms hair.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Labels:

7 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Awwww lovelies!! :o)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Oh, what sweet little girls. Congratulations!

Blogger Victor said...
holy mackeral they're tiny! I hope they help calm Miss Molly down!

Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...
Furry cute little babies, aren't baby ratties the funniest to watch the way the get into everything? ~Poi Mom Jane

Blogger Miss Steffy said...
oh my goodness..they do get into everything...i am having a blast watching them grow...which they are doing so fast..my little babies are gonna get so big..*sigh* They'll always be babies though :)

Blogger Rattie said...
CUTE!! CongRATulations on your new babies! Baby rats are the cutest they just grow so fast **sniff**

Blogger Unknown said...
OMG Wonderful pic!

....._.;_'.-._
...{`--..-.'_,}
.{;..\,__...-'/}
.{..'-`.._;..-';
....`'--.._..-'
........,--\\..,-"-.
........`-..\(..'-...\
...............\.;---,/
..........,-""-;\
......../....-'.)..\
........\,---'`...\\