Photobucket
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
A Tribute to My beautiful mouse Radish
Radish was the first mouse picked out by Jeremy to give me for Valentines day. I remember the day I got him, his lovely red eyes sparkled and reminded me of little radishes, so he was given the name Radish. He was bigger then Coal mouse and Moo mouse. Moo passed away last February. Radish was left with the task of caring for the little Coal mouse. Radish doted on him and always protected Coal. He groomed him and kept him warm by always snuggling into him. Radish was self-less right to the end. On Monday night I discovered a lump on Radishes belly and things went bad fast. His breathing was labored, and his eyes were crusted over, his beautiful eyes could not be seen for the cancer was taking him over. I stayed by him leaving only to go to work. I hoped and prayed that he would pass peacefully at home. Sadly he did not.

Today at 3PM, Jeremy and I brought Radish and Coal to the emergency animal hospital. The doctor discovered several more lumps on Radishes little tummy. Antibiotics could help his eyes, but the cancer was eating him alive and he was crying. I could not let my son suffer. His cries were silenced today so his soul could fly. My baby did not deserve to feel pain. He was loving and loyal to the end and I only wish humanity could be as caring and selfless as he was. My little Radish, I hope you have found Moo and are having a blast.

Radish will be buried tomorrow next to Moo. Radishes favorite wheel will be buried with him. He will spend his first night in the afterlife with us, so as not to be afraid. I love you my little Radish and I will see you again.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
3 Comments:
Blogger lonewolfbefree said...
I know you gave Radish a wonderful life. Petey and Pikachu send their reguards.

Blogger lonewolfbefree said...
Oh, Miss Stef. How are you and Jeremy, and Coal doing? I know that you are sad beyond compare.

Blogger lonewolfbefree said...
P.S. The first one was Josh, and the second Jenny