I would have taken a picture of the finished meal but we ate it to quickly, i highly recommend this dish for fun/vegetarians/ rat lovers everywhere.
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
* 1 large onion, quartered and thinly sliced
* 1 small eggplant, cubed
* 2 green bell peppers, coarsely chopped
* 4 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped, or 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes
* 3 to 4 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
* 1 teaspoon dried leaf basil
* 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
* 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
In a 4-quart Dutch oven or saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onions and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 6 to 7 minutes. Add eggplant; stir until coated with oil. Add peppers; stir to combine. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep vegetables from sticking.
Add tomatoes, zucchini, and herbs; mix well. Cover and cook over low heat about 15 minutes, or until eggplant is tender but not too soft.
Serves about 4, I also served mine over rice.